gin soaked girl

This blog is about me and my adventures in the land of gin. Yes, gin is a country and I've visited it often. In fact I've conducted a passionate love affair with the place. Bought the t-shirt and definitely been to the duty-free. Along the way, I've been to a few gigs and undergone a bit of a personal renaissance. This blog celebrates the art of growing old disgracefully. Roll up. Roll up. Come join the fayre!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The night of the geek

We Are Scientists at the Shepherds Bush Empire, 13th April 2006

Never before has geekdom been so cool or so appealing as it was last night at the Shepherds Bush emporium (excepting maybe Jarvis Cocker at his zenith).

Images of silent film stars Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd kept running through my mind during the course of the set and the dynamic threesome's loquacious banter reminded me somewhat of that typically British double act Morcambe and Wise (with added Californian sex appeal). But despite echoes of comedy acts past, the evening was continuously entertaining with the infectious personalities on stage winning about a zillion brownie points with the amorous, intoxicated crowd (two people behind us were particularly enamoured; they never came up for air all evening).

Songs from the debut album With Love and Squalor were supplemented by a rendition of the Ronettes' Be My Baby which was a bit too cheesy for me, but all in all the gig left me with a definate case of the warm fuzzies which was very welcome indeed.

8.5/10

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Visitors

Free Web Counter
hit Counter

Hits

Free Web Counter
hit Counter