gin soaked girl

This blog is about me and my adventures in the land of gin. Yes, gin is a country and I've visited it often. In fact I've conducted a passionate love affair with the place. Bought the t-shirt and definitely been to the duty-free. Along the way, I've been to a few gigs and undergone a bit of a personal renaissance. This blog celebrates the art of growing old disgracefully. Roll up. Roll up. Come join the fayre!

Monday, November 28, 2005

The Fog

Loaded Dog, 26th November 2005

All of my old university pals were there; vodkaslut, Bulmersbabe, real ale boy, whiskeydiva, minesalager, and fanofthebitter. We hadn’t been all together for quite some time now, and in an ideal world, the setting would be a bit more conducive to such a large scale reunion. However, the Loaded Dog, a lately refurbished pub come lounge bar (shag pile carpet, cheesy mood lighting) in the east end would have to do, and we all soon settled into a night of dodgy (or dog-rough) cover music (pretendy Clash) and pleasant conversation. The flow of conversation was somewhat impeded however by the unnecessarily dim lighting and extraordinarily loud background music between the bands' sets. Call me old-fashioned, but I do actually like it when I can hear myself think, and when my friends’ genial banter is audible more than 5% of the time. The choice of actual music was fine- I’m as big a fan of ‘Love will tear us apart’ as any eighties miserabilist, but turn it down a notch please! Overall, it was a bit like trying to read semaphore in the middle of a ‘London particular’ what with the single candleflame we were allowed possession of. Oh well, at least there was gin; oh yes, and lots of it. So much so that I had to stay over at vodkslut’s because I didn’t have the energy to crawl home. Bad GSG!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that you thought the music was too loud.

    jox

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger gin soaked girl said…

    Just the inbetween bits when you really wanted to talk some- I don't object to loud music in principle, far from it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Visitors

Free Web Counter
hit Counter

Hits

Free Web Counter
hit Counter