gin soaked girl

This blog is about me and my adventures in the land of gin. Yes, gin is a country and I've visited it often. In fact I've conducted a passionate love affair with the place. Bought the t-shirt and definitely been to the duty-free. Along the way, I've been to a few gigs and undergone a bit of a personal renaissance. This blog celebrates the art of growing old disgracefully. Roll up. Roll up. Come join the fayre!

Friday, November 18, 2005

Cribs ahoy

ULU, November 3rd 2005 & Somerset House, July 12th, 2005

The cribs are one of my favourite bands, and I've just found out from vodkaslut that I'm going to see them again when they support Franz Ferdinand at the Alexandra Palace in December- yippee. I first saw the Cribs at a Somerset House gig many moons ago (well, in July), supporting Bloc Party, and was much taken with the northern minstrels, despite their obviously unwashed state. Since then my opinion has been confirmed by another entertaining gig at the ULU on November 3rd. If anything Ryan Jarman is a little too crowd-friendly- crowd-surfing, bleeding gums, copious lager drinking; it all adds up to a near-riotous reaction from the fans. But still they are intrinsically likable, and the hilarious 'walking stick around the neck' type exit made by Ryan at the ULU (when he refused to leave the stage), as well as their gritty, down to earth demeanor on stage, only endeared them to me more. It was definitely one of my top gigs of the year- and a great round-off to my birthday celebrations. And did I say that I bounced up and down during one of the songs? I am thirty seven years old and I was jumping around like an idiot, thanks to the Jarman trio. I love the cribs, and I don't say that often. "I like you because you're strange", they sing, well I like them for the same reason, and I advise everyone to try and get to see them whenever they can.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Visitors

Free Web Counter
hit Counter

Hits

Free Web Counter
hit Counter